Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 per year
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Team4you are delighted to be working with a local, well respected insurance firm, who are engaging our services to recruit for an Agricultural Underwriter.
This is a unique role that requires previous underwriting experience. If you are from an agricultural background, it would be an advantage, however it is not essential as full training will be provided. The work is predominantly with non-motor insurances.
Please note, this role has the opportunity to work remotely, therefore it’s not restricted to local candidates.
- Work within the agricultural department, in connection with business placed by Brokers
- Underwriting and administration of new business enquiries and renewals
- Deal with initial claims notifications
- Assist colleagues as and when required
Skills & Knowledge Required
- General insurance knowledge and previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of and experience with agricultural insurance, in particular the non-motor sector
- Additional knowledge of agricultural motor insurance is preferable, but not essential
- IT skills, including emails and the ability to adapt to the in-house software
- Excellent telephone and written communication
- Previous experience in dealing with broker enquiries
- Analyse information provided or gathered
- Process and resolve broker enquiries in a polite and efficient manner
- Perform and complete business transactions in accordance with company standards
- Maintain accurate and secure records in relation to work carried out
- Undergo training in all aspects of systems, products and procedures
- Adhere to FCA regulations
- Undertake all other duties as reasonably required by the Directors
- A competitive salary
- 5 weeks holiday entitlement, plus Bank Holidays
- Remote working with attractive working hours
- On site car parking, if required
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to represent current priorities and are not meant to be an exhaustive list. The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities.