Salary: £37,000 – £45,000 per year
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Team4You are delighted to be working on behalf of our prestigious client within the Engineering sector. Our forward thinking and ambitious client currently has an excellent opportunity for an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Engineer to join their highly successful team.
Due to the nature of projects my client works on, the successful candidate will be required to have passed a Security Check and potentially Developed Vetting.
You must be able to demonstrate the following personality traits. Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business excellence. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the UK and occasionally overseas. Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player, with the ability to work independently when required.
- HND (or acceptable experience/specialist knowledge at discretion of company)
- The ability to prioritise workload and commitments without supervision, able to meet deadlines, possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to act as or deputise for the Project/Domain Lead, able to communicate effectively at all levels, able to work across functional boundaries within a multi-disciplined environment, a self-motivated team member with the ability to work independently when required.
- An Engineering background with a recent experience of operating within the Acquisition System Guidance (ASG). Exhibit a solid understanding of the relevant domain principles, standards, and procedures, the CADMID/CADMIT cycle, the Defence Industrial Strategy (DIS), and a general understanding of the Through Life Support Strategy (TLSS). Possess Project Management (PM) qualifications or have recent PM experience. The Ideal Candidate will have a strong understanding of all business domains. (Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Supportability Engineering (SE), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA)/ Supportability Analysis (SA), Reliability & Maintainability (R&M)).
- The successful Candidate must be very IT literate with the ability to utilise MS Office (including a very good working knowledge of MS Outlook) and MS Project, and have a good understanding of the main bespoke relevant software tools (for ILS, Risk, Safety and R&M).
- The applicant must be able to work remotely from the office for agreed periods of time without impacting on personal situation. Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must have own car and is willing to use it on company business.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete all tasks as determined by Domain Lead, Project Manager, or the Directors.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to complete tasks efficiently and effectively and apply good time management skills with the capacity to multi-task when required.
- Identify personnel and resources necessary to meet the project requirements.
- Develop and manage cost and work breakdown structures for each project.
- Visit customers to discuss initial project development and requirements.
- Plan/convene meetings to satisfy project requirements and business activities.
- Coordinate and collate time accounting data from project team and produce/deliver project budgetary reports and returns as required.
- Assist with company training activities with regard to development and delivery of courses within area of expertise.
- Take a proactive approach towards personal and team development, training and subsequent performance.
- Have a good understanding and adhere to all commercial aspects of the company.
- A competitive salary.
- Home based role with the requirement to attend a clients premises when required.
- Role flexibility and variety.
- Regular support from an experienced management team.
- Career progression and development.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- An ethical company who are passionate about their reputation, training and invest heavily in their team.